Monday, December 19, 2011

Mardi Gras Captured




Been playing around with a product called EncapsoK. It gives the appearance of clear glass. Awesome stuff.
I wanted to create something to represent my hometown New Orleans (Nawlins) Since relocated to Kansas after Hurricane Katrina, I don't get down there for Mardi Gras. I wanted to capture the spirit of Mardi Gras. I was so pleased with the outcome.
I wanted to see how something like this would be received on Etsy, so I will have to make myself another one. My imagination is running wild. I will attempt a bowl of cherrios encapsolated, spoon and all. I purchased a pigment that makes the EncapsoK look like milk. I can hardly wait to try that. I saw a howto at the site I purchased the EncapsoK. I will be sure to share a photo.
See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment