Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Don't Believe The Hype



You've seen the late night infomercials. Sell online and make millions. The world is your customer. Sound like that makes sense huh? So what if you live in a small town, or can't afford tv or radio ads. Capture the world as customers. People fall for it because they always neglect to mention that you, not somebody else, have to court your customers. Let them know you are out there.
When I decided that there was a niche in the computerized embroidery designs world for Afro-American designs, I first had to set down and create some designs. Next I set up a Yahoo list and spread the word for my website to purchase designs. I got the customer there to look by giving away free designs. It took me nearly 5 years to become truly known in the computerized embroidery design world to the point that I did not have to work as hard.
When I had the burn accident in 2010, I pulled the site down until I was sure I would regain use of my primary hand. In about 2 weeks the site will go back up. I have already begun preparation by contacting old customers to let them know I am on my way back. To attract new customers I will start yet another group and began giving away free designs once again
I agree the internet has leveled the playing field. Everyone has a shot at success now, from the poor kid to the rich. If you have a webcam, a mic, and some promotional savvy...Go for it~!

No comments:

Post a Comment